Metabolic testing is a scientific approach to getting to know your body. Undergoing reliable metabolic testing will enable you to optimize your workout routine and nutrition for maximum fitness and health benefits. Although this type of testing does not take long, you should still know some basic information about the procedure. Additionally, learning what a resting metabolic rate is and what kind of implications it has for your health and wellness will help you understand your metabolism better.
What are the 3 metabolic types?You’ve probably noticed that your body responds differently to exercise, food, and other stimuli than other individuals’. You may need more time to lose weight and get fit while others achieve greater results over the same period of time. Although this can be quite discouraging, you shouldn’t let it kill your motivation completely. You can overcome any challenge, such as reaching a weight loss plateau, by finding out what metabolic type you are and what kind of exercise and diet will work best for your body. The three main metabolic categories include:
EndomorphsThis body type is characterized by a higher fat percentage. Although these individuals can gain weight easily and need more time to shed a few pounds, they can also build muscle quickly. If your body belongs to this category, it means that it stores energy and nutrients more efficiently than using them.
- Diet suggestions: In general, this body type should avoid carbohydrates with the exception of oats, brown rice, and vegetables. Fiber can help them feel full and limit their cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Workout suggestions: Cardio workouts are a great way for endomorphs to lose weight. They can engage in short, but intensive HIIT sessions for optimal results.
EctomorphsEctomorphic bodies typically have a small and lean body frame, with a low percentage of body fat. These individuals typically burn energy at a high rate, which means that they can eat a lot without gaining weight.
- Diet suggestions: If you belong to this type, never skip eating breakfast. Small, but frequent meals can keep you more energized and full throughout the day rather than three large ones. Healthy carbohydrates should be a part of your diet, especially after a challenging workout.
- Workout suggestions: Strength training comes before cardio for these individuals. Target all the major muscles through intensive training three times a week. Cardio exercises can be done once or twice a week.
MesomorphsAs for this body type, it represents a combination of the previous two. Individuals who have a mesomorphic body type can build muscle and strength easily. However, they can also store some fat, particularly in the lower part of the body. This body type can see excellent fitness results quickly as it responds well to exercise.
- Diet suggestions: You should stick to a balanced diet that combines proteins, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Your meals should be rich in protein and lower in carbs, especially if you want to lose weight.
- Workout suggestions: The same goes for your exercise plan – keep it mixed and balanced. Combining both strength and cardio sessions throughout the week is a great way to lose weight, get fit, and accentuate your athletic features.