If you’re trying to lose weight, become fit, build muscle, and boost your health and wellness, you first need to get to know your body and metabolism. A simple, yet efficient way to do this is to undergo professional metabolic testing.
However, before searching “metabolic testing near me” and scheduling a consultation, you first need to learn more about your own metabolism and find out what a metabolic test will show you. Gathering more information about metabolic testing itself will help you prepare beforehand and know what to expect during the procedure.
What does a metabolic test consist of?
If you’re wondering what takes place during metabolic testing and what steps it entails, it’s important to stress that this will depend on the specific test you take. In general, a metabolic test will address two main factors:
- Calories burned during rest. Professionals will determine your resting metabolic rate through an assessment.
- Oxygen used during exercise. This type of metabolic testing is called VO2 Max and it shows your general fitness level through oxygen consumption measurement.
How long does a metabolic test take?
In general, the metabolic testing procedure doesn’t take long, so you can expect to finish in about 10 to 15 minutes. However, to know precisely how much time to set aside, you should consult with the specialist conducting your test. They can explain in detail what to expect during your metabolic test and discuss the results with you after.
It’s highly recommended that you find experienced professionals with reliable equipment. This way, your metabolic rate data is more likely to be accurate. In addition, qualified, educated experts will also take the time to explain what the obtained information actually means and how it relates to your health, weight, and fitness.
How to prepare for metabolic testing?
There are several steps you can take to prepare for metabolic testing. Here are a few suggestions:
- Do your research. Before undergoing this procedure, you should inform yourself more about metabolic testing, different types of this test, what it actually means for your health and well-being, etc.
- Find trusted specialists. Not everyone is qualified to perform metabolic testing. In addition, not all experts have reliable equipment that can provide dependable, accurate information. Research the available facilities in your area and check their credentials. Also, ask your friends for recommendations if necessary.
- Schedule a consultation. If you first want to discuss this testing with your specialists, you can schedule a consultation appointment. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or share your concerns. They should be able to provide you with all the information you need.
- Set up a testing date. Don’t just schedule the testing for the same day. There are a few things you need to do beforehand, so give yourself some time to plan ahead. Otherwise, you may not get the most accurate information on your metabolic rate.
What should you do before a metabolic test?
To ensure you get the most precise results possible, you should:
- Mind your diet. You shouldn’t eat four hours before your test. If possible, you should begin fasting the night before.
- Check your temperature and pulse. You should measure and record your pulse and basal temperature for five days prior to your metabolic testing.
- Do not smoke or drink coffee for two hours before you take the test.
- Limit your physical activity on the morning and day before the test.
Get accurate metabolic testing near your area at Leo’s Fitness Lab
Here at Leo’s Fitness Lab, we take a scientific approach to health and fitness. This requires the use of metabolic testing to obtain as much information on your fitness and health as possible. With this information, we can better understand your body and offer you a tailored workout and nutrition plan that will provide you with optimal results and help you achieve your fitness goals faster than ever.
Rest assured our team is more than qualified, offering the most cutting-edge PNOĒ equipment and excellent facilities. If you happen to be on your way back from Balboa Park, stop by our facility and we’ll set up your metabolic test at your convenience!